Wednesday 25 August 2010

Anniversary Card & New Vernon

Its been a little while since I've made any cards so I had a good excuse to get all my stash out when my mum casually reminded me that its their anniversary on Sunday! I had forgotten but dont tell her that!

For my birthday back in June my mum & dad gave me the docrafts goodie bag which was out at the time. It includes the lovely Henbury Lane kit which even though it is beautiful and summery is not what I would use for my scrapping, but it has come in very handy for the anniversary card especially as my mum loves butterflies.



Yesterday I went with Ian to Market Deeping as he wanted to go to the bike shop there to have some brakes bled. While we were waiting we wondered down to the antique and craft centre there. Its a fab place made up of seperate units where people can sell antiques and bric-a-brac, you can spend ages having a good look plus theres the added bonus of a large craft shop at the back! As we stopped at one unit selling toy cars I glanced down and on the bottom shelf was another Vernon the Turtle from Over the Hedge! We love Vern, ours goes everywhere with us even up Snowdon, so we had to buy him plus he talks!!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jess - I won't tell about you forgetting LOL!

    Awww Vern is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jess! That butterfly is goreous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper - so pretty and feminine!

    ReplyDelete